Police ID Dead Man Found Along Hwy 50
Photo by Katie Ferrell, FOX 4
LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. – A Lee’s Summit man was killed after he was apparently struck by a vehicle while walking on the westbound lanes of U.S. 50 overnight, police said.
Cody Bowman, 21, was found in the grass along the side of U.S. 50 near O’Brien Road around 7:00 a.m. on Friday morning.
According to police, it appears as though Bowman was struck by a vehicle in the westbound lanes of the highway during the overnight hours. It is unclear as to why he was walking on the highway.
The discovery led police to close a stretch of 50 Highway for a time on Friday morning.
Authorities say that the investigation in Bowman’s death is continuing.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident