Police ID Dead Man Found Along Hwy 50
Photo by Katie Ferrell, FOX 4
LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. – A Lee’s Summit man was killed after he was apparently struck by a vehicle while walking on the westbound lanes of U.S. 50 overnight, police said.
Cody Bowman, 21, was found in the grass along the side of U.S. 50 near O’Brien Road around 7:00 a.m. on Friday morning.
According to police, it appears as though Bowman was struck by a vehicle in the westbound lanes of the highway during the overnight hours. It is unclear as to why he was walking on the highway.
The discovery led police to close a stretch of 50 Highway for a time on Friday morning.
Authorities say that the investigation in Bowman’s death is continuing.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet