Water Main Break Prompts Boil Order in South KCMO
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A Boil Advisory for parts of southern Kansas City following a water main break, officials said on Tuesday.
The Kansas City Missouri Water Services Department has issued the order for businesses and residents south of 135th Street to the Kansas City city limits, and from Holmes to State Line Road.
Officials say that customers should boil water vigorously for three minutes before using it to drink, cook, or prepare food. Ice made with un-boiled water should not be used for drinking purposes. Disinfect dishes and food contact surfaces with tap water that contains one teaspoon of household bleach per gallon.
The order was issued following a drop in water pressure caused by a break in a 12-inch water main near 139th Street and Wyandotte.
Officials say that they anticipate the order staying in effect for 48 hours.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter