Water Main Break Prompts Boil Order in South KCMO
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A Boil Advisory for parts of southern Kansas City following a water main break, officials said on Tuesday.
The Kansas City Missouri Water Services Department has issued the order for businesses and residents south of 135th Street to the Kansas City city limits, and from Holmes to State Line Road.
Officials say that customers should boil water vigorously for three minutes before using it to drink, cook, or prepare food. Ice made with un-boiled water should not be used for drinking purposes. Disinfect dishes and food contact surfaces with tap water that contains one teaspoon of household bleach per gallon.
The order was issued following a drop in water pressure caused by a break in a 12-inch water main near 139th Street and Wyandotte.
Officials say that they anticipate the order staying in effect for 48 hours.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident