North KC Police K-9 Found Safe
NORTH KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Missing since Saturday, a North Kansas City police K-9 has been reunited with his unit.
Ty, a brown and tan Belgian Malinois, went missing around 4 a.m. Saturday, December 3, after he jumped out of a patrol car while investigating a suspicious vehicle. Just before midnight on Sunday, a security guard at the Waterworks Water Plant spotted the canine and knew immediately it was the missing police dog. The security guard called police and Ty was then taken to a vet where he was given a clean bill of health.
Ty joined the police department in June 2011 and is still considered a rookie.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet