North KC Police K-9 Found Safe
NORTH KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Missing since Saturday, a North Kansas City police K-9 has been reunited with his unit.
Ty, a brown and tan Belgian Malinois, went missing around 4 a.m. Saturday, December 3, after he jumped out of a patrol car while investigating a suspicious vehicle. Just before midnight on Sunday, a security guard at the Waterworks Water Plant spotted the canine and knew immediately it was the missing police dog. The security guard called police and Ty was then taken to a vet where he was given a clean bill of health.
Ty joined the police department in June 2011 and is still considered a rookie.
- Mark Alford raises his hand to show he was among the millions hacked
- Man comforted by police actions in the aftermath of wife's murder
- Warrensburg police arrest men suspected of kidnapping mom and young son from Walmart
- Photo released of officer's condition after shooting assault suspect
- Pick pocket thief posed as a disabled man in a grocery store