Man Threatens to Jump Off Bond Bridge
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A man threatened to jump off the Bond Bridge into the Missouri River on Thursday afternoon, prompting police to close the southbound lanes of I-35 as authorities talked him down.
Police managed to take the unidentified man into custody and to an area hospital after the two-hour long incident. The interstate was reopened shortly before 4:00 p.m.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering