Man Threatens to Jump Off Bond Bridge
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A man threatened to jump off the Bond Bridge into the Missouri River on Thursday afternoon, prompting police to close the southbound lanes of I-35 as authorities talked him down.
Police managed to take the unidentified man into custody and to an area hospital after the two-hour long incident. The interstate was reopened shortly before 4:00 p.m.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet