Hyvee: Thick and Rich Hot Cocoa
Thick and Rich Hot Cocoa
Serves 6, 1/3 cup each
- 2 1/4 cups nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar (you may use agave nectar)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine milk, cocoa, sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan
- Cook over medium heat, whisking often, until steaming
- Continue to cook, whisking constantly, until it comes to a boil, then remove from heat.
Nutrition Per Serving:
98 calories, 2 grams fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 1 gram monounsaturated fat, 6 mg cholesterol, 19 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams protein, 2 grams fiber, 50 mg sodium, 109 mg potassium.