Gov. Nixon Names New Economic Director
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Governor Jay Nixon named a new head to the state department of economic development. Jason Hall will take over the position, currently held by David Kerr. Kerr announced last month that he’d be stepping down at the end of the year.
“Jason Hall is exactly the type of bright, energetic leader we need to help create jobs and move Missouri’s economy forward,” Nixon said in a press release. Nixon continued to say that under his leadership the state will see a strong force of innovation and job-creation.
Hall will be in charge of both tax incentives and job creation for businesses and local governments across the state. Hall will begin his job next week.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom
- Father speaks of sons, 3 and 1, killed in Missouri house fire
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape