Police Chase Ends with Arrest in Independence, Mo.
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. — Police were questioning a woman late Monday afternoon after the driver of the pickup truck she was riding in refused to stop for police sirens.
Police suspected the white pickup was stolen and tried to pull over the driver near 40 Highway and Noland Road. The driver took off and circled through the Costco parking lot before heading toward 291 Highway. He tried to escape through a neighborhood yard, but wrecked the truck, then jumped out and fled. Police say he tried to kick in the door of a house and two neighbors tried to grab him, but couldn’t get to him quickly enough, and described him as “freakishly fast”. He was carrying a briefcase, which police told FOX 4 was a tattoo kit.
The female passenger was arrested and taken in for questioning.
- Police find the bodies of 7 deceased infants inside woman's home
- Fans tweet #MadMiley faces after "Bangerz" concert is canceled
- Mother of 14-year-old killed in hate crime gives touching statement about her son and father
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- Man known to FBI, Frazier Cross Jr. suspected of hate crime murders of three people