Police Chase Ends with Arrest in Independence, Mo.
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. — Police were questioning a woman late Monday afternoon after the driver of the pickup truck she was riding in refused to stop for police sirens.
Police suspected the white pickup was stolen and tried to pull over the driver near 40 Highway and Noland Road. The driver took off and circled through the Costco parking lot before heading toward 291 Highway. He tried to escape through a neighborhood yard, but wrecked the truck, then jumped out and fled. Police say he tried to kick in the door of a house and two neighbors tried to grab him, but couldn’t get to him quickly enough, and described him as “freakishly fast”. He was carrying a briefcase, which police told FOX 4 was a tattoo kit.
The female passenger was arrested and taken in for questioning.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'