Man Shot by Police Charged with Felony Assault
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Jackson County Prosecutor’s Office has charged a Platte City man who was involved in an officer involved shooting on Monday. Rickey, Melon, 42, has been charged with felony assault of a law enforcement officer.
According to Kansas City, Missouri police, the officer was not injured, but the suspect suffered life-threatening injuries. The shooting happened in the 8900 block of E. 23rd Street around 8:30 a.m. on Monday.
Police say officers tried to stop Melon who they say was driving a stolen pickup truck and tried to run officers over. According to police, the suspect tried to ram several police vehicles with the truck when he was shot by police.
In the early-morning hours on New Year’s day, a Kansas City, Kansas police officer shot and killed Barry E. Miller. Miller reportedly struggled with the officer. Read that story here.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident
- Students file lawsuit against Wright Career College