Kansas Pastor Accused of Bigamy
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A Kansas City woman says she’s still married to her husband. Her husband now has another wife as well.
Toni Darnell believed she was married for her life. Now, she wonders how her husband was able to marry someone else while she technically still had a ring on her finger.
Toni and Keenan had a marriage like anyone else.
“We’ve had our ups and downs and everything else,” said Toni Darnell. “We were able to work through it.”
After 17 years together, they raise three kids and were living what she says was “his dream.” Keenan Darnell
pastored Glorious Life Church in Derby, Kansas.
“The sad thing about it is, I moved away from my family and friends to do something that he wanted to do,” she said.
As the road got rocky, her husband left.
“We had gone out of town, he had held a revival,” she said. “Then, when we came back, ah, he left.”
She says she was surprised and hurt.
“After 17 years, people go through situations but as a Pastor, you’re supposed to be able to work through that and do according to what the bible says and what you preach on,” Darnell said.
FOX 4 reached out to Keenan Darnell but he did not return our calls. Police are investigating his wife’s accusations of bigamy. The website for Glorious Life Church has been replaced with a message that says they are currently undergoing maintenance.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering