Chaz on the Plaza: Leek and Sweet Potato Soup
Chaz on the Plaza is here for KC Restaurant Week. Executive Chef, Charles D’Ablaing is shows how to make Leek and Sweet Potato Soup. See the recipe below.
Leek and Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- Leeks 1# rinsed and chopped
- Sweet potatoes 2# peeled and chopped
- Yellow onion 1# chopped
- Garlic 3 cloves, chopped
- Nutmeg 1 tspn.
- Crushed red pepper 1 tspn.
- White wine 2 cups
- Water ½ gallon
- Cream 1 ½ cups
- Vegetable oil 3 T
- Salt and white pepper
Sweat the leeks, onions, garlic, nutmeg and red pepper with the oil with a pinch of salt and pepper for 10 minutes over medium heat. Add the wine and cook for 5 more minutes then add the potatoes and water and simmer until potatoes are tender, be sure to season every step of the way. Puree the soup and stir in the cream and serve.
Finish the soup with a little drizzle of aged balsamic and goat cheese crème fraiche.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Reward increases to $10,000 if you can point to thieves who stole guns from Bass Pro Shop