Five Presidential Scholar Candidates From Olathe
OLATHE, Ks — Five Olathe School District seniors were named candidates for the prestigious Presidential Scholars program. The students are:
- Allison Adams from Olathe East
- Rachael Dennis from Olathe East
- Aaron Holthus from Olathe East
- Lauren Lee from Olathe Northwest
- Robert Winslow from Olathe South
Being included in the program is one of the highest honors for high school seniors. The candidates selection is based on superior academic and artistic achievements, leadership qualities, strong character, community involvement and school activities. Exceptional performance on either the College Board SAT or the ACT assessments was also a factor in their selection. Inclusion in the program was also based on students’ essays, self-assessments, activity descriptions, recommendations and transcripts.
A panel will review these submissions selecting 500 semifinalists by April. The finalists will be selected in May. One young man and one young woman will be chosen from each state.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Reward increases to $10,000 if you can point to thieves who stole guns from Bass Pro Shop