Ice Bowl Combines Fun and Fundraising
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — The 2012 Ice Bowl is in the record books. The event is a fun way for people to get exercise.
You get a little bit of exercise for about an hour and a half and it’s a lot less frustrating than round ball golf. Regardless of who gets the best score, the real winners are the hungry. That’s because money raised by the Ice Bowl will benefit Harvesters and the Bishop Sullivan Center.
The golfers use a lot of the same terminology as round ball Golf with discs that are called drivers, putters and the like. While there is a difference in the two, the psychology of the game remains the same.
It started in Columbia, Mo. 25 years ago. The Ice Bowl is held across the country and around the bowl.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'