Woman Whose Body Was Dumped, Identified
BLUE SPRINGS, Mo. — Blue Springs Police have released the name of the woman who reportedly died Jan. 20 in Blue Springs and whose body was found more than a week later next to a creek in rural Cass County.
The woman is Peggy Perez, 48, of Blue Springs. Two brothers, Lance Gross, 52, and Marlin Gross, 49, were charged in Jackson County Circuit Court Monday on charges of abandonment of a corpse, a Class D felony. They could face more charges once autopsy results determine Perez’ cause of death.
Police say Perez died in Lance Gross’ Blue Springs home on Jan. 20, while they were having sexual relations. The charges claim Gross waited three days before calling his brother, Marlin Gross, who allegedly helped him dispose of Perez’ body at 315th Street and T Highway in Cass County.
Prosecutors set Lance Gross’s bond at $150,000. Marlin Gross is not yet in custody but there was an active warrant for his arrest Monday afternoon.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering