Rebecca Nedrow with Friend that Cooks (a home cooking service) shows how you can make an easy Valentine's Day meal at home.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ¼ teaspoon truffle oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 4-5 crimini mushrooms, sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Plastic wrap
1. Heat a medium skillet on medium high heat.
2. Add enough oil to the pan to just coat the bottom. When hot, add the mushrooms.
3. Sauté until golden brown. Add the shallots and cook until softened.
4. Remove from the heat and spoon mushrooms and shallots onto a paper towel.
5. Meanwhile, put the butter, herbs and oil into a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper
6. Finely chop the mushrooms and add to the butter. Mix well with a spatula.
7. Roll out a sheet of plastic wrap. Spoon butter onto the middle of the wrap. Fold over sides and begin to roll up the butter, twisting the ends like a candy wrapper.
8. Continue to roll the butter, squeezing in the sides and forming the butter into a log shape. Make sure to remove all air bubbles from the middle of the butter.
9. Freeze or chill in the refrigerator. When ready to use, slice and remove plastic wrap. Allow butter to melt and enjoy!
Herb and Bleu Cheese Smashed Potatoes
- 4-5 large russet potatoes
- ¼ cup milk or cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of fresh arugula
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- ¼ cup bleu cheese crumbles
1. Scrub and rough dice potatoes and put in a medium pot. Cover with cold water and season with salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until soft when pierced with a fork or knife.
2. Meanwhile, warm milk or cream in a small saucepot over low heat.
3. Drain the potatoes. Return to the pot, off of the heat. Add milk, butter, arugula and herbs and mix well. Fold in the cheese. Then season with salt and pepper.
Friend that Cooks Home Chef Service
(913) 660-0790 Kansas City
(316) 361-0823 Wichita