Royals Pack the Truck for Spring Training
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — It may be getting colder outside. But baseball is just around the corner.
The Kansas City Royals packed up Friday morning to leave for their spring training home in Surprise, Ariz.
Major League Baseball says pitchers and catchers must report to Surprise by Monday, Feb. 20. Workouts for pitchers begin Tuesday, Feb. 21. The rest of the team must report by Friday Feb. 24 and begin workouts of the 2012 season on Saturday, Feb 25.
Click here for some pictures of them packing up Friday morning for the long trip!
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet