App of the Week: FrontFlip
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A few weeks ago, some of the morning news folks were at breakfast, when we saw an ad for FrontFlip. We downloaded the app to our phones, and were greeted with a free gift from the breakfast place.
That’s the whole premise behind FrontFlip — scan a QR code at a local business, scratch off the screen (like a lottery ticket), and you could win stuff. In the example below, I won 10% off of my yogurt at Yogurtini. Not every card is a winner, and you’re not going to score huge prizes off this thing, but it’s still a nice little bonus.
The list of businesses participating in FrontFlip is growing; it started out here in Kansas City, but has the potential to go beyond the Metro in the next year or so. I’m not sure how it’s affecting business here in town (a recent use by a place in the River Market was greeted with an eyeroll), but it’s something that could definitely catch on.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Father speaks of sons, 3 and 1, killed in Missouri house fire