Police: Man Found with Astonishing 0.552 Blood-Alcohol Level
VALPARAISO, Ind. — There is drunk, and then there is really, really drunk – and police in Indiana say that a man they found unconscious on the side of a road definitely falls into the latter category.
According to a report in the Chicago Sun-Times, 28-year-old James Henderson had to be hospitalized last weekend for alcohol poisoning with a blood-alcohol level of 0.552 percent – or seven times the legal limit.
Authorities in Porter County, Indiana, say that level of intoxication may be a record for that county. According to Indiana University guidelines, people tend to fall into a coma at 0.40 percent, and death is possible.
Police say that on Saturday afternoon, a woman reported seeing Henderson laying on the side of the road. Henderson had several bruises, and made a barely-coherent statement about getting hit by a truck, the Sun-Times reports.
Police have not confirmed whether Henderson was struck by a vehicle. Henderson, who has a history of alcohol-related charges, faces public intoxication charges as soon as he is released from the hospital.
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Frazier Cross, accused of killing 3 at Jewish centers, enters courtroom in wheelchair
- Reps. from KKK, Aryan Nation denounce Jewish center shootings