Rural Missouri Cop Busted for Cocaine
CARROLLTON, Mo. — A Carrollton Police officer has been arrested and charged with drug possession.
Rob Wesley Bakert, 34, faces one charge of felony drug possession after he was found with what authorities say is cocaine in his personal vehicle while he was still in uniform. He was taken to the Saline County Jail, where he is being held in lieu of $7,500 cash bond.
Bakert has been on the Carrollton Police force since September of 2011.
Carrollton Police Chief Donny King says that Bakert has been suspended without pay pending a termination hearing next Monday.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370