FOX 4 Helps Students with Band of Angels
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — When local school budgets began to hit a sour note, FOX 4 asked our loyal viewers to keep students’ musical dreams alive.
As schools around the Kansas City area trimmed their already tight budgets, the fine arts programs were hit especially hard. It wasn’t just the band room that was in danger of going silent, parents at home were feeling the pinch in their wallets, too.
So, in 2010 FOX 4 partnered with Meyer Music to start the Band of Angels. We put out the call to you, our viewers to donate any unused instruments for kids all around Kansas City. And you responded in a big way. I
In the past two years, The Band of Angels has collected over 600 musical instruments. Trumpets, trombones and tubas have all made their way into the hands of kids excited to climb the musical scales.
If you want to help music students, take your gently used instruments to the Meyer Music locations around the metro. You contributions are tax-deductible.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store