PICTURES: The Worst Baseball Cards in History
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The grass is green, the infield has been rolled and the hot dogs have been cooking since… well… last September, probably. It can only mean one thing: Major League Baseball’s opening day is just around the corner.
And if it’s baseball season, that means it’s time for baseball cards. But as many big leaguers have discovered, having your face on a baseball card can sometimes be a mixed blessing.
Here is a sampling of some of the less-than-iconic trading cards in baseball history.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident