Dad Delivers Baby in Car
Iowa City, IA — An Iowa family has a special story to tell when the talk about their most recent child’s birth! Ashley and Jeremiah Holyman never thought they’d deliver their own baby.
That’s what happened as they were driving to the hospital. Ashely says she knew they wouldn’t make it. The couple pulled over on a gravel road in Iowa County near Interstate 80. They then called for help.
“The dispatcher started going through some steps on what to do,” said Jeremiah Holyman. “The he started coming.”
Two pushes later, they had a healthy baby boy.
“It was overwhelming, I still don’t believe it!” said Ashely Holyman.
Her husband’s parental instincts kicked in as they waited for an ambulance to arrive.
“He took his shirt off and wrapped the baby with his shirt, cause we didn’t have anything else in there,” she said. “Then he took the drawstring from my pants and wrapped that around the umbilical cord.”
The couple’s son Breckin weighed seven pounds and 11 ounces. Now, this volunteer firefighter can add delivering his own son to his resume. He had no choice but to respond to one of the strangest and most personal calls of his life.
- Police find the bodies of 7 deceased infants inside woman's home
- Fans tweet #MadMiley faces after "Bangerz" concert is canceled
- Mother of 14-year-old killed in hate crime gives touching statement about her son and father
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- Man known to FBI, Frazier Cross Jr. suspected of hate crime murders of three people