KANSAS CITY, Mo. — All year-long but especially in recent weeks, teachers in Missouri have been prepping and encouraging their students for the Missouri Assessment Program, commonly called the MAP tests.
The MAP is a series of tests designed to assess whether students are meeting state academic standards. The program includes both grade level assessments and End of Course (EOC) exams at the high school level.
The state testing window is April 9-20, and many schools scheduled them for this week.
- Be sure that your child has a good night’s sleep EVERY night.
- Be sure that your child has a good breakfast – either at home or at school
- Be sure that your child is at school EACH DAY
- Be sure that your child is on time EACH DAY
- Remind your child to listen carefully, read directions and answer all questions
- Remind your child to read the entire passage or problem and make sure he/she understands the question before giving an answer
- Remind your child that some sections of the test will take longer than others
- Remind your child that he/she will need extra stamina to complete the test
- Remind, encourage and EXPECT your child to do his/her BEST!
Students in KCMO also produced and performed in videos about the importance of preparing for and focusing during MAP testing.