Man Pedals Through Kansas, Missouri For Alternative Cancer Treatment
SILVER LAKE, Kan. — John Cook is biking his way across America, from his home in Missoula, Mont. to Washington, D.C.
Cook’s wife has stage 4 breast cancer, and wants insurance companies to change the way they handle patients who want alternative treatments. He wants to meet with President Obama and members of Congress during his visit. On his website, Cook is encouraging people following his ride to contact lawmakers.
Reporter Kevin Bowden of KSNT caught up with him on his ride through Silver Lake, Kan.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'