Man Pedals Through Kansas, Missouri For Alternative Cancer Treatment
SILVER LAKE, Kan. — John Cook is biking his way across America, from his home in Missoula, Mont. to Washington, D.C.
Cook’s wife has stage 4 breast cancer, and wants insurance companies to change the way they handle patients who want alternative treatments. He wants to meet with President Obama and members of Congress during his visit. On his website, Cook is encouraging people following his ride to contact lawmakers.
Reporter Kevin Bowden of KSNT caught up with him on his ride through Silver Lake, Kan.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering