Body of Missing Kansas Man Found in Refrigerator
DE SOTO, Kan. — Deputies discovered the body of a missing Ottawa, Kansas man in a refrigerator located in an abandoned field near De Soto, Kansas last week.
Authorities said a tip led deputies armed with a search warrant to a field near 103rd Street and Kill Creek Road on Thursday night. The victim was identified as 33-year-old Gregory Price, a white man described as approximately five foot, eight inches tall, 180 to 200 pounds.
Price was reported missing in early 2011 to the Independence, Mo., police department. His last known whereabouts were near De Soto, Kansas.
“Right now we’re taking all these different pieces and trying to put them together,” said Tom Ericson, a deputy with the Johnson County Sheriff’s Dept. “And trying to get a story line as to what led up to this, what caused it, and how did he get to where he’s at.”
At this time, investigators have not determined a cause of death, but are describing the death as suspicious.
Anyone with information is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS or the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office at 913-715-5560.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet