Body of Missing Kansas Man Found in Refrigerator
DE SOTO, Kan. — Deputies discovered the body of a missing Ottawa, Kansas man in a refrigerator located in an abandoned field near De Soto, Kansas last week.
Authorities said a tip led deputies armed with a search warrant to a field near 103rd Street and Kill Creek Road on Thursday night. The victim was identified as 33-year-old Gregory Price, a white man described as approximately five foot, eight inches tall, 180 to 200 pounds.
Price was reported missing in early 2011 to the Independence, Mo., police department. His last known whereabouts were near De Soto, Kansas.
“Right now we’re taking all these different pieces and trying to put them together,” said Tom Ericson, a deputy with the Johnson County Sheriff’s Dept. “And trying to get a story line as to what led up to this, what caused it, and how did he get to where he’s at.”
At this time, investigators have not determined a cause of death, but are describing the death as suspicious.
Anyone with information is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS or the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office at 913-715-5560.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss