Calif. Mom Accused of Having Sex with Son
NAPA, Calif. — A California woman faces incest and other charges after she was arrested on suspicion of having sex with her teenage son.
According to a report in the Napa Valley Register, 32-year-old Mistie Atkinson of Nice, California, was arrested earlier this year in a Ukiah, California, where she was allegedly found with her 16-year-old son.
Atkinson faces incest, oral copulation of someone under the age of 18, contact with a minor for a sexual offense, and “sending harmful matter” to her biological son charges, the Register reports.
She has pleaded not guilty to all charges, and is scheduled to be back in court next week.
According to the New York Daily News, Atkinson reportedly reconnected with her estranged son via Facebook, and had allegedly sent nude photos of herself to the teen. Police say that videos taken from the teen’s phone show Atkinson allegedly performing a variety of sex acts on the teen.
Atkinson is currently incarcerated in the Napa County Jail in lieu of $250,000 bond. If convicted, she could face up to five years in prison.
The teen’s father, who has custody of the boy, has filed a restraining order against Atkinson.
- Questions remain in deadly house fire that killed two young boys
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Texas teen Ethan Couch gets 10 years probation for driving drunk, killing 4
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435