Time Magazine Stirs Up Controversy with Breast Feeding Cover
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Time Magazine is making jaws drop with its May 2012 cover photo.
The image shows a three-year-old boy sucking on his mother’s breast while standing on a chair. It’s the featured image to Time’s cover story: “attachment parenting” — an approach to parenting that involves breastfeeding and co-sleep with children.
The mother in the photo reportedly subscribes to the philosophy, which according to Time Light Box, has been on the rise over the last two decades since the publication of The Baby Book by Dr. Bill Sears and his wife, Martha, in 1992.
- Fans tweet #MadMiley faces after "Bangerz" concert is canceled
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Frazier Cross, accused of killing 3 at Jewish centers, enters courtroom in wheelchair
- Reps. from KKK, Aryan Nation denounce Jewish center shootings