Man Killed in Early Morning Traffic Accident
EDWARDSVILLE, Kan. — An early morning traffic accident killed a man on I-435 Friday. The accident happened around 2 a.m. at I-435 and Woodend Road in Edwardsville, Kan.
Police said a man driving a pickup truck ran into the back of a construction truck parked along the side of the road. No one was in the construction vehicle at the time of the accident.
Emergency crews had to cut the man out of the pickup truck. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Police have not released his identity but say he is a white male in his mid-twenties.
Hazmat crews were also called to the scene to clean up fuel that leaked onto the road after the impact of the accident ruptured the construction vehicle’s fuel tank. Traffic was closed for a time, but all lanes have since been reopened.
- Questions remain in deadly house fire that killed two young boys
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Texas teen Ethan Couch gets 10 years probation for driving drunk, killing 4
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435