Man Killed in Motorcycle Accident
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — One person is dead after a motorcycle collided with an SUV. The accident happened on Saturday morning near 51st & Troost.
According to police, an 18-year-old driver of an SUV stopped at a stop sign at 51st Street before pulling out into the path of the 26-year-old motorcyclist who was headed southbound on Troost.
When the two collided, the motorcyclist was launched 40-50 feet through the air into a storefront. He was wearing a helmet. No alcohol was involved.
The man who died just celebrated his 26th birthday. The victim’s family says he will be missed.
“He is not a person that can be replaced,” said the victim’s sister. “I want to ask everyone who rides on two wheels to be careful.”
Police will continue to investigate the accident. They want to know if speed or distraction may have caused the accident.
- Fans tweet #MadMiley faces after "Bangerz" concert is canceled
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Frazier Cross, accused of killing 3 at Jewish centers, enters courtroom in wheelchair
- Reps. from KKK, Aryan Nation denounce Jewish center shootings