Man Killed in Motorcycle Accident
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — One person is dead after a motorcycle collided with an SUV. The accident happened on Saturday morning near 51st & Troost.
According to police, an 18-year-old driver of an SUV stopped at a stop sign at 51st Street before pulling out into the path of the 26-year-old motorcyclist who was headed southbound on Troost.
When the two collided, the motorcyclist was launched 40-50 feet through the air into a storefront. He was wearing a helmet. No alcohol was involved.
The man who died just celebrated his 26th birthday. The victim’s family says he will be missed.
“He is not a person that can be replaced,” said the victim’s sister. “I want to ask everyone who rides on two wheels to be careful.”
Police will continue to investigate the accident. They want to know if speed or distraction may have caused the accident.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident
- Students file lawsuit against Wright Career College