Kansas Couple Marries As Tornado Roars Nearby
HARPER, Kan. — A Kansas couple was married earlier this month in true Kansas fashion: with a tornado roaring nearby.
Caleb and Candra Pence were married at a farm near Harper, Kan. Saturday evening. A tornado was just a few miles away, and recorded on camera.
The family says they had been following radar and weather reports, and knew the tornado was several miles away. Family members also say they would have cancelled the wedding if they didn’t feel safe.
The newlyweds are on a honeymoon, but since photos of the wedding have become a hit on the Internet, they have still been fielding calls from international media.
(Video Courtesy: Lee Pence)
- Father: Some kind of cord was trapping his sons in their room during deadly fire
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom