N.J. Man Throws Own Intestines at Police
HACKENSACK, N.J. — A New Jersey man is in critical condition after he allegedly cut out his intestines and threw them at police.
According to NBC 4 in New York, 43-year-old Wayne Carter allegedly barricaded himself inside his Hackensack home on Sunday, and threatened to harm himself with a knife. When police kicked in the door of the house, Carter then allegedly started stabbing himself in the abdomen, neck and legs.
Police then attempted to pepper spray Carter, but with no effect. The man then started throwing bits of skin and intestines at the officers.
Police then called in a SWAT team, which managed to subdue Carter and take him to a hospital, where he remains in critical condition.
Authorities say that drugs or mental illness may have led to the incident. No charges have been filed due to the unusual nature of the incident.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave