Author and Chef Amber Shea Crawley
Chef Amber Shea Crawley, wuthor of the book “Practically Raw,” stopped by the Morning Show to share a great recipe you can try at home.
Famous Five-Minute Blondies
1 cup dry macadamia nuts or cashews
1 cup dry walnuts or pecans
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup pitted dates
Combine the nuts and sugar in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is coarsely ground.
Add the vanilla and salt and pulse several more times, until combined.
Add the dates, 2 to 3 at a time, pulsing between additions until each date is well-incorporated.
The mixture will be sticky.
Transfer the mixture to an 8-inch square pan (or similar-sized dish) and use your fingers or a spatula to pack it down tightly.
Refrigerate or freeze for at least one hour before cutting.
Yield: 16 servings
Per serving: 141 calories, 11.4g fat (2g sat), 10g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein
- Mark Alford raises his hand to show he was among the millions hacked
- Man comforted by police actions in the aftermath of wife's murder
- Photo released of officer's condition after shooting assault suspect
- Warrensburg police arrest men suspected of kidnapping mom and young son from Walmart
- Pick pocket thief posed as a disabled man in a grocery store