Widow Turns to Craigslist to Help Bury Husband
SAN DIEGO, Calif. — A military wife used social media to help with her husband’s burial. Yvonne Nosik lost her husband Kenneth in early June. Kenneth became sick in May and died as a result of a seizure.
Nosik was only 26-years-old when he died. He retired from the Navy in September, 2011 and was living in San Diego when he became ill. His legacy will live on, as his kidneys, heart, and various organs were donated to help others in need.
“I had my husband’s organs donated,” said widow, Yvonne Nosik. “He saved four lives.”
Nosik explained that her husband didn’t have a lot of friends in the area because he was from Philadelphia. She turned to Craigslist, where she met her husband to find help during his funeral.
“Under the volunteer section, I put my story there,” she said. “I asked if someone could record the services so I can send it to his family who can’t be here,” she said. “Also, for six Navy Seals to put on their dress whites to carry his casket.”
The young couple met online and had only known each other for 20 months. Nosik was laid to rest on Monday morning at Miramar National Cemetery.
- Father: Some kind of cord was trapping his sons in their room during deadly fire
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom