Fun Run to Help Transplant Patients
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The family of Tammy Smale, who recently had her second bone marrow transplant to fight leukemia, is holding a Fun Run on Saturday to benefit others in KU Hospital’s Bone Marrow Transplant Unit.
The Fun Run is called “For Shirts and Giggles”. It’s a 5K run/walk and will be held Saturday, June 16, at 10:00 a.m. at Roe Park, I-435 and Roe. A barbecue lunch will follow. There’s a $50 entry fee with every dollar raised going to purchase t-shirts for bone marrow transplant patients.
If you’d like to attend, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mark Alford raises his hand to show he was among the millions hacked
- Photo released of officer's condition after shooting assault suspect
- Man comforted by police actions in the aftermath of wife's murder
- Warrensburg police arrest men suspected of kidnapping mom and young son from Walmart
- Pick pocket thief posed as a disabled man in a grocery store