Migraine Awareness Month
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Neurologist Nancy Hammond, M.D. from The University of Kansas Hospital was on the FOX 4 Morning Show with more on migraines and some lifestyle changes you can make.
Dr. Hammond says a migraine is:
Severe headache lasting more than 4 hours
Accompanied by nausea or vomiting
Sensitive to light or sound
Can start with an aura
Dr. Hammond says a migraine can occur at any age, but they are more common in women and do run in families.
There are two kinds of treatment… treatments to prevent headaches and treatments to treat a headache once you have it.
Finally, Dr. Hammond says there are a few things to help with your headaches.
Know your triggers and avoid them
Get enough sleep
Stick to a regular schedule
Try to reduce stress
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet