Streetcar Initiative Fails to Acquire Grant, But Proceeds
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Mayor Sly James’ streetcar initiative will not be funded by one of the grantees for this year’s TIGER IV grants.
The 2012 TIGER IV program received 703 grant applications totaling $10.2 billion in requests. The USDOT awarded a little less than $500 million in this round. TIGER IV was highly competitive with 703 applications from all 50 states, U.S. territories and the District of Columbia.
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong