Police: Mom Left Kids in Crashed Car While She Got Naked, Ate Ice Cream
HOUSTON — A Texas mom faces child endangerment charges after police say she was found naked and eating ice cream inside a drug store after leaving her three children alone in a wrecked car.
According to the report from KPRC-TV in Houston, 34-year-old Stephanie Dillard faces one count of child endangerment after police say her car collided with a Houston bus on Friday afternoon. Dillard’s three children, ages 5, 12 and 16, were in the car at the time, and all three suffered minor injuries – including a large gash over the eye of the youngest child, police said.
Police say that after the wreck, Dillard got out the car and walked away, leaving the children alone at the scene. She then allegedly walked to a nearby CVS drug store and started taking off her clothes while she ate ice cream.
Dillard is now in custody in the Harris County Jail in lieu of $2,000 bond. Authorities say that they don’t know what caused Dillard’s odd behavior.
- Mark Alford raises his hand to show he was among the millions hacked
- Man comforted by police actions in the aftermath of wife's murder
- Warrensburg police arrest men suspected of kidnapping mom and young son from Walmart
- Photo released of officer's condition after shooting assault suspect
- Pick pocket thief posed as a disabled man in a grocery store