Air Guitar Champions Rock Out
KANSAS CITY, Mo — Eric Melin and “Magic Cyclops”, two air guitar rockers, stopped by the station to give us a lesson.
It’s not a well-known fact — but there is a national air guitar competition. Melin won the Kansas City competition in 2011, and he’s been to the national competition three times.
“Magic Cyclops”, on the other hand, is known for showing off his air guitar skills on American Idol. You might remember his distinctive British accent, even though he’s from Davenport, IA. His claim to fame? He has 11,000 air guitars — he only knows of one person who has more.
The US Air Guitar Championships regional competition will be held tonight at the Beaumont Club at 9 PM. Tickets are $8 in advance or $10 at the door.
- Questions remain in deadly house fire that killed two young boys
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Texas teen Ethan Couch gets 10 years probation for driving drunk, killing 4
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435