Man Sentenced to 25 Years in Waldo Pizza Shooting Incident
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Michael Hudson, 19, was sentenced to 25 years in prison for the Nov. 30, 2010 shooting of a man in a Waldo parking lot.
Jackson County Judge Peggy Stevens McGraw sentenced Hudson to 25 years in prison on first-degree assault. He also was sentenced to 10 years on a charge of armed criminal action. Hudson is to serve the two sentences consecutively.
In March a Jackson County jury found Hudson guilty of first-degree assault and armed criminal action. Prosecutors said Hudson shot his victim in the head while he was sitting in his car in the parking lot behind Waldo Pizza. The victim had performed as a magician at the restaurant that night.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Father speaks of sons, 3 and 1, killed in Missouri house fire