Hy-Vee: Mozzarella Pepper Salsa
Mozzarella Pepper Salsa
- 1 (8 ox) block mozzarella cheese, diced into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 2 green onions, cut diagonally into thin slices
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 head Belgian endive, separated into leaves.
Combine mozzarella cheese, red peppers, green onion, fresh basil and olive oil in medium bowl; mix well. Season with pepper. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. Serve on endive leaves with whole grain crackers. Yield: 3 cups
May also serve on toasted baguette whole-grain bread.
Nutrition facts per serving: 61 calories, 4 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrates, 5 g protein. 15% Daily Value calcium.