Dolce Baking Company owner Erin Brown and Megan Ross, kitchen manager with Dolce Baking Company were shared some great dessert ideas for your July 4th parties. Since raspberries and peaches are in season right now, why not dole up some fruit cobbler! Below is their recipe.
Dolce Baking Company also host a couple of "cobbler nights" where they keep the store open and invite the public in for cobbler tasting.
Dolce Cobbler Recipe
yields a 9"x13"ish pan
4oz unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp almond extract (optional)
- Fruit (about 3 cups total)
- Extra brown sugar, for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Pour butter into pan.
3. Whisk together sugars, flour, baking powder, salt, milks and flavorings. (will feel a bit like pancake batter)
4. Pour batter over butter --- DO NOT STIR --- just marble together a little bit.
5. Top with fruit (if using berries, put them down first on the bottom).
6. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
7. Bake until cobbler is golden brown on top. (about 40-45 minutes)
Dolce Baking Company
6974 Mission Rd. Prairie Village
Cobbler nights are July 20 and August 10
Check their Facebook page for exact times and updates!