Plan Your Grilling Now With These Recipes
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Chad Fowles with Johnsonville Saugage was here with an entire meal you can cook on the grill for 4th of July or any summer get-together. Why spend time in the kitchen, when you can bring all the food outdoors and prep it there! Below are the recipes.
Cool Summer Pasta Salad
· 1 lb. dry penne pasta
· 1 pkg. (24 oz) Sausage (beef or original), thinly sliced and then cut into thin strips
· 1 tomato, diced
· 1 red pepper, diced
· 1 green pepper, diced
· 1 cup snow peas, sliced
· 1 bunch green onions, sliced
· 6 oz. pepper jack cheese, cubed
· 6 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
· 12 oz. Italian dressing
· Cook pasta according to directions.
· Place pasta and rest of ingredients into a large bowl and blend well.
· Serve immediately or chilled.
Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage and Lime Kabobs
. ½ cup honey
· ½ cup lime juice
· ¼ cup soy sauce
· 2 medium bell peppers (red, yellow, or green) cut into 1-in. pieces
· 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
· 1 cup cherry tomatoes
· 1 package (12 ounce) Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
· In a bowl, combine the honey, lime juice, and soy sauce.
· In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the peppers, onion, tomatoes, and 1 cup honey-lime mixture.
· Seal bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
· Preheat grill to medium.
· On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sausage and vegetables.
· Grill for 10 minutes or until browned, turning frequently and basting with remaining honey-lime marinade.
Grille Pineapple with Sugared Wontons
· 6 - ¾ inch slices of pineapple quartered
· ¼ cup brown sugar
· 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
· 2 tablespoons of rum
· 4 teaspoons of lime juice
· 6 wonton wrappers, halved diagonally
· 1 tablespoon butter, melted
· 3 tablespoons of shredded coconut
· 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
· Place pineapple slices in a shallow pan.
· In a small bowl, stir together, brown sugar, vinegar, rum, and lime juice until sugar dissolves; pour over pineapple
· Brush wonton wrappers on both side with butter
· Grill pineapple for 6 – 8 minutes until heated through brush occasionally with brown sugar mixture.
· Grill wonton wrappers for 2- 4 minutes until browned; remove from heat and sprinkle with granulated sugar