Hyvee: Individual Cherry-Blueberry Trifles
Individual Cherry-Blueberry Trifles
Active time: 15 minutes – Total: 1 1/4 hours
Easy as can be, these layered cherry-blueberry trifles are a simple make-ahead dessert, perfect for Fourth of July celebrations.
- 1 1/4 cups halved pitted fresh cherries, or thawed and drained frozen cherries
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries, or thawed and drained frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 16 ladyfingers
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- Toss cherries, blueberries and brown sugar in a medium bowl
- Layer 2 ladyfingers, about 1/4 cup fruit mixture and 2 tablespoons yogurt in each of four 10- to 12-ounce tumblers or similar-size glasses
- Repeat with another layer of ladyfingers, fruit and yogurt
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon almonds just before serving
- To make ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day
- Top with almonds just before serving
Nutrition facts per serving: 236 calories, 4g fat, 0g saturated fat, 14mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 3g fiber, 44g carbohydrate, 9g protein.