KCPD Officer Shoots, Wounds Felony Suspect
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Police are investigating after an officer shot a suspect on the city’s East Side on Monday evening.
According to police, the suspect was shot by a Kansas City Missouri Police Officer near 22nd and Montgall shortly before 6:00 p.m. on Monday. The suspect was taken to an area hospital in critical condition.
According to police, the suspect was wanted on an unspecified Jackson County felony warrant. Authorities say that the suspect fired at police first before officers returned fire, striking the suspect three times.
The identity of the suspect has not been released.
- Mark Alford raises his hand to show he was among the millions hacked
- Photo released of officer's condition after shooting assault suspect
- Man comforted by police actions in the aftermath of wife's murder
- Warrensburg police arrest men suspected of kidnapping mom and young son from Walmart
- Pick pocket thief posed as a disabled man in a grocery store