Young Teen Gives Away Musical Proceeds to Help Others
LEAWOOD, Kan. — Fourteen-year-old Gracie Schram is an 8th grader from Leawood Middle School. She was just named one of America’s Top 10 Youth Volunteers from thousands of entries nationwide. She’s raised more than $20,000 by recording and selling her original music on two CDs. She’s used the money to build two fish ponds for African villages and to house 12 orphaned boys in Haiti, through mission projects.
See her FOX 4 performance below. We apologize, however, the end of her song was cut out due to a mandatory commercial break.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom
- Father speaks of sons, 3 and 1, killed in Missouri house fire
- Police confirm body found in Lawrence belongs to missing student