DNA Hit: Man Charged in 1989 Murder and Rape
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Jackson County prosecutors have filed charges against a 44-year-old man for a murder that happened 23 years ago.
In 1989, Marcia Davis, 20, from Odessa, Mo., was found raped and strangled in a vacant apartment building in the 1400 block of East 14th St.
Authorities charged Guy Shannon Jr. with first degree murder and forcible rape after Shannon was convicted in 2010 of driving while intoxicated, and his DNA matched the DNA obtained after the crime.
Shannon has denied knowing Davis and claims he doesn’t recognize pictures of her.
His bond is set at $350,000.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter