DNA Hit: Man Charged in 1989 Murder and Rape
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Jackson County prosecutors have filed charges against a 44-year-old man for a murder that happened 23 years ago.
In 1989, Marcia Davis, 20, from Odessa, Mo., was found raped and strangled in a vacant apartment building in the 1400 block of East 14th St.
Authorities charged Guy Shannon Jr. with first degree murder and forcible rape after Shannon was convicted in 2010 of driving while intoxicated, and his DNA matched the DNA obtained after the crime.
Shannon has denied knowing Davis and claims he doesn’t recognize pictures of her.
His bond is set at $350,000.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"