Hy-Vee: Watermelon Salsa
(Serves 16 – ¼ cup each)
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 2 kiwifruits, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- Juice of one lime
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients
- Serve with baked pita chips, over chicken or fish or as a refreshing salad alongside a sandwich.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 20 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 4 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 0 g protein, Vitamin C 30%.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Father speaks of sons, 3 and 1, killed in Missouri house fire