Baby Spinach Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Serves 4 (1 1/2 cups each)
Active time: 15 minutes Total time: 15 minutes
Vinaigrette or Raspberry Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or raspberry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 cups prewashed baby spinach
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe, but firm, nectarine, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons Vinaigrette or Raspberry Vinaigrette
- To prepare vinaigrette: Add oil, vinegar, orange juice, salt and pepper to a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well to combine
- To prepare salad: Combine spinach, bell pepper and nectarine in a large bowl; toss with 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. *Cover and refrigerate the leftover dressing for up to 1 week.
Nutrition facts per serving: 72 calories, 5g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 2g protein. Daily values: 98% vitamin A, 65% vitamin C.
Source: adapted from Eating Well, Inc.