Former Rockette Shares Story of Battling Bulimia
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A Johnson County girl goes on to become a Radio City Rockette. It sounds like a dream come true. But it was really a nightmare for Greta Gleissner, a graduate of Shawnee Mission Northwest High School, as she struggled with an eating disorder.
Greta works as a psychotherapist in New York City now, and has written a book titled “Something Spectacular — The True Story of a Rockette’s Battle with Bulimia.” She shared her story with FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean.
For more information on Greta and her book, go to www.gretagleissner.com
If you suspect you or someone you love may have an eating disorder, contact the Eating Disorder Resource Center at Jewish Family Services at 913-327-8250.
- Teen killed in accident on I-435 identified
- Police believe body found in Lawrence is that of missing graduate student
- Paraplegic woman defies the odds and challenges; loses 275 pounds
- Feds say maker of Android flashlight app collected info, gave to advertisers
- Belton restaurant apologizes for sign about scalping Redskins