Three-Year-Old Who Wandered from Home Found Safe
LEXINGTON, Mo. — After hours of searching, police located a missing three-year-old boy who wandered away from his apartment complex in Lexington, Mo., on Wednesday.
Police said Dangan Poole walked out of his apartment complex, located at 2215 Aull Lane, around 11:30 a.m., to look for his dog. He wasn’t wearing any shoes or a shirt. Police say his mother and another adult were asleep and didn’t hear him open the back door and leave.
Police and family were concerned for his safety as there are several bodies of water in the area of where he went missing, including the Missouri River.
Police located the boy after 3 p.m. They say he was only about 200 feet away from home. He had opened the door to a neighbor’s house and was found alone inside.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom
- Father speaks of sons, 3 and 1, killed in Missouri house fire
- Police confirm body found in Lawrence belongs to missing student