Robbery Suspects Crash Through Garage Door in Escape Attempt
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. — Two men are in custody after an armed robbery and early morning standoff in Independence, Mo.
Police said it all started early Friday morning when an armed robbery took place in the 123rd block of East 41st Terrace South. The victim of the robbery called police and then followed the suspects into a Taco Bell restaurant near 41st and Crysler.
Police arrived around the same time and approached the suspect vehicle, which then rammed into the police cruiser. Officers then fired shots at the suspects, who then sped away. Police followed them to the Milton Estates neighborhood near 35th and Debra in Independence. Police said that’s when the suspects smashed through the garage door of a home with their car and ran inside. Police believe it is the home of one of the suspects.
Around 6 a.m. police made contact with one of the men inside the home. He surrendered around 6:30 a.m. Police then entered the home and found the second suspect hiding inside. He was also taken into custody.
No other information has been made available at this time.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Father speaks of sons, 3 and 1, killed in Missouri house fire